Swedish Girl In London

London Life: Bright Lights, Big City. Now what's on TV?

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

London Film Festival

It's the second day of the London Film Festival, and the last day of the giant screen in Trafalgar Square. Hurry, or you'll miss the short film Lightman, a "manic short film about a man, scared of the dark, who tries to recreate the sun in his loft". (I'm definitely not one to mock, considering the electric shock I gave myself last time I switched a light bulb.)

Tonight, The Constant Gardener, a John le Carre adaptation starring Rachel Weisz and Ralph Fiennes, is showing at Odeon Leicester Square. Do check out the website: can't you smell the panic in the marketing team?

"Whadda ya mean - gardener? It's gonna make people think of Alan Thitchmarsh pottering about in Auntie's rose garden. Get some big, flashy guns on the poster."

I do want to see it, although I've got a feeling that any John le Carré filmatisation is bound to fail. How could they translate to the screen that delicious feeling of never really knowing what's going on? Or is that just me reading le Carré?

But of course, the Constant Gardener is not the sort of film you should see at a Festival. It'll come to a theatre near you soon enough. It's the likes of Lightman that deserves our patronage, if they so have to handcuff us to the seat.

3 Comments:

At 7:47 AM, Anonymous THE SNEERING POPINJAY said...

SWEDISH GIRL, ARE YOU YOUNG AND BEAUTIFUL AND INCREDIBLY DESIRABLE, IF YOU ARE MY DEAR I WOULD VERY MUCH LIKE TO BUGGER YOU !!!

 
At 9:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH SWEDISH GIRL, MY LOVE, MY SWEET, I WANT TO UNLOAD HALF A PINT OF SPUNK DOWN YOUR THROAT MY DEAR, AND THEN, (to quote "the sneering popinjay"), I WANT TO BUGGER YOU AS WELL.

 
At 2:44 PM, Anonymous THAT DAMNED ELUSIVE PIMPERNEL said...

OH...SWEDISH GIRL, I BET YOU`RE AN INCREDIBLE LITTLE DARLIN`, I WANT TO DO EVERYTHING TO YOU, I WANT TO FUCK YOU, BUGGER YOU, SODOMIZE YOU, AND SPUNK ALL OVER YOU, YOU LOVELY LITTLE SCANDINAVIAN SEXPOT.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home