Swedish Girl In London

London Life: Bright Lights, Big City. Now what's on TV?

Friday, November 04, 2005

Just A Little Crush

Tomorrow I’m going shopping with a friend I’ve decided to blog-tize Señorita Más Fina, on account of being Spanish and very fina.

This is going to be a whole lot of fun, but also slightly risky. The thing is, I have a style-crush on la Señorita. You know what I’m talking about – her outfits always make me go “ooohh” and want to dash to the shops and get clothes just like them. I seem to recall that this phenomenon was analysed in a film called Single White Female, but let’s not go there.

Besides, I think we all get them – style crushes, I mean. Suddenly you forget that your friend is, say, a delicate Vietnamese girl, while you are a stately Nigerian, or that you’re an ethereal Celt, while your girl’s a raven-locked Turk, or… OK, you get it. I don’t need to go through the entire Bennetton catalogue.

The point is, it somehow eludes you that what looks good on her, won’t necessarily do so on you.

So even if Señorita Más Fina can pull off the whole R&B vibe, I should probably steer clear of the hoop earrings myself. I mean, seriously.

2 Comments:

At 4:57 AM, Blogger Raquel Laneri said...

YES, I KNOW TOTALLY WHAT YOU MEAN!!! I get style crushes from time to time too, like I love the whole boho look but cannot make it work on me; I just look silly. By the way, I love your little 20s-inspired drawing -- that looks like an illustration out of an Anita Loos book.

 
At 9:16 AM, Blogger Swedish Girl said...

Thanks, Raquel!

Totally agree on the boho theme - I was hypnotised into buying a peasant skirt and wore until I saw photographic evidence of myself resembling a tiny, Russian granny in it... Hmpf.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home