Swedish Girl In London

London Life: Bright Lights, Big City. Now what's on TV?

Monday, November 21, 2005

Not In My Book

s
As I have already said, I am psychotically pro-Christmas – and yes, I do realise that the holidays should be about charity and not just about ka-ching.

But surely that should be proper generosity, not the kind that makes people leave “How To Live With Food Intolerance” manuals at book collections for your local, underprivileged primary school? This is a true story; evidence can be seen at Starbucks in Canary Wharf.

After all, that can’t technically even be charity, but should be filed under creative rubbish disposial. I may be wrong, of course. Perhaps little Bobby-Bo’s eyes will brim with childish delight as his teacher reads aloud about gluten-free food – kids are odd, after all. But I wouldn’t bet on it.

Now if you’ll excuse me, bloggards and blogettes, I am off to donate “American Psycho” and “Men are from Mars, women are from Venus.”

4 Comments:

At 2:50 PM, Blogger Honungen said...

Män är från Mars o s v förtjänar nog mer att brännas på bål än att doneras. Det är lite Hitlerjugend bara över att bränna böcker, så jag avstår. Däremot slängde jag min i helgen, tillsammans med en hel drös av Jackie Collinsböcker som jag ääälskade för en miljard år sen men rodnar över idag.

 
At 6:24 PM, Blogger The Pale Green Woman said...

Män är från Mars måste vara en av de sämsta böcker som någonsin skrivits. Jo jag lovar.

 
At 10:12 PM, Blogger Zen Wizard said...

I could have used "Men Are From Mars" when I was in Kindergarten--I would have REALLY LISTENED to what she was "trying to say" when she called me a "poopie head."

 
At 10:08 AM, Blogger Swedish Girl said...

Back in kindergarten, I thought that _I_ was from Mars, so it would probably just have confused me...

All right then, I'll donate "Ulysses" by James Joyce, that'll keep the kids busy until their teens.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home