Swedish Girl In London

London Life: Bright Lights, Big City. Now what's on TV?

Friday, November 25, 2005

The Pain, The Pain


The pain caught up with me today, after my work-out with Ben on Thursday morning. When it hadn’t arrived yesterday, I thought I had escaped it, but it was actually hobbling, jack-knifed & weezing, behind me all the time. Today, I – much like Maria Carey – don’t do stairs.

It feels as though I have been frolicking about like a bear cub in the first flush of youth, when in reality all I did was commuting back and forth on a rowing machine while Ben stood sternly beside me and asked:

“So how often do you plan to come to the gym?”
“Once a week,” I lied, to impress him, but he just looked astonished.
“Only? You need at least five 40 minute sessions a week!”

Then he put me on an exercise bike, clipped some thingy to my ear to measure my pulse and left me pedalling leisurely while he went out (probably for a smoke, the cheeky monkey). Luckily enough this is not Charleston, so no Argyle sweaters pounced on me.

So really why I am aching all over today is hard to understand. If this is how it's going be I, I might do the easy thing instead and join a fad diet. I hope the pain disappears before tomorrow when – wheeee! – I am living out the ultimate Anna Karenina fantasy. Yep, it’s true, Pingu & I are going ice-skating by torchlight at Somerset House.

I can’t wait!

3 Comments:

At 7:13 PM, Blogger shellz said...

I'm sorry to say, but unfortunately, I think you'll be MORE sore tomorrow! Lactic acid build-up (the cause for the soreness) is always worse the second day.

 
At 4:47 PM, Blogger Swedish Girl said...

I have found this out the hard way! Ay!

 
At 5:41 PM, Blogger The Pale Green Woman said...

No that's what I call ice skating! Sooo romantic! You do realize that you need a fur hat and a very long wide skirt, don't you?

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home