Swedish Girl In London

London Life: Bright Lights, Big City. Now what's on TV?

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

The Winner Takes It All

If the loser really is standing small, as my compatriots once informed us, then I am quite tiny.

Since about a year back, I have entered absolutely every competition I have come across, theorising that sooner or later, Lady Luck would find me.

I have gone into close combat for a safari in Tanzania. I have fought it out for a case of fine wines. I have filled out those endless questionnaires where people actually seem to believe that you have fully formed opinions on different brands of teabags, only becasue a Japanese teapot was up for grabs.

Then I won a biography of P.G. Wodehouse. It is possible that I was the only competitor.

Things could have been worse, I suppose. I could have won a year's supply of toothpaste in an online competition I entered in a moment of madness. Still - I am worried. Does this mean that I have fulfilled my Winning Competitions Quota? Will I never win anything again?

2 Comments:

At 12:18 AM, Blogger Mavida Lesbiana said...

I think you will...just hang in there - I've won two radio contests in a two month period...I'm not the luckiest girl, but I have a lot of faith!

 
At 11:07 AM, Blogger Swedish Girl said...

Thanks, Catalina - this gives me new hope for that self-powered head-torch I have been battling for.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home