Swedish Girl In London

London Life: Bright Lights, Big City. Now what's on TV?

Friday, December 02, 2005

Dateline Voice, Part II



My new dateline voice has become huskier and huskier during the day. Now, I’m not saying that I’ve totally lost the Japanese cartoon quality that normally singles it out. All I’m claiming is that if you have a spectrum where Bugs Bunny is at one end and Nina Simone at the other – then I have nudged slightly, slightly in the Nina direction.

Yay!

Or should I suggestively murmur:

“Yeah”…

All in all, I have about five different voices:

The shameful purr I use to get past the secretary (male);
The sweet little-girl chime I use to get past the secretary (female);
The angry cartoon voice I slip into during arguments;
The high-pitch noise of joy that has to be emitted when my sister phones me;
The demonic growl that emerges from under the duvet before 7 o’clock.

What about you?

2 Comments:

At 12:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The "Barry White seems like a schoolgirl on helium" the morning after serious partying.
The "Barry White" on a weekday morning while groaning getting out of bed.
The "Arnold-I'll-be-back crossover with Darth Vader" metallic, dark, harsh voice when having to deal with support or other inferior species.

And then the normal "Ohmigod! The coffee-table is vibrating when you say something" day-to-day kind of voice.

I'm a bit disturbed by it, but most women seem to like it. I can't imaginge why...

 
At 1:49 AM, Blogger Zen Wizard said...

"Foghorn Leghorn just dropped a Quaalude" is my favorite voice.

I can't remember what it was supposed to be for, though.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home