Swedish Girl In London

London Life: Bright Lights, Big City. Now what's on TV?

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Mobile Mobile

Is there such a thing as a too mobile mobile? If so, I think that my ancient, red Siemens might have crossed the line. It went walkabouts in the office yesterday, after a quick up-date report from La Señorita on her latest adventures in Barbados (where she ostensibly went to work).

Since then contact between myself and the mobile has been severed. It is totally blanking me. When I phone it to locate its whereabouts, it fobs me off with the old “please leave a message” routine.

I have left several: Please, come home!

5 Comments:

At 9:56 PM, Blogger Zen Wizard said...

Here's my definition of "too mobile"--there have been a rash of bank robberies in the South (including Atlanta) where the woman did not cease talking on her cellular phone while robbing the bank:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/11/10/AR2005111002009.html

This multitasking is getting out of hand!

"Oh, where am I? I'm in the getaway car....then I'm going to the hideout...what are you doing?...Now I'm shooting at the cops....now I'm re-loading the gun...Oh! I just got shot!...now I'm bleeding...after I'm done bleeding, I'll probably die...Wait! I've got another call coming in!.......Call me in a half hour in case I don't die!!"

 
At 11:46 AM, Blogger hen said...

I lost my phone a while back when I finally got my new one I found some teenager had been using my old one in the interim. For weeks later I was still getting texts from her friends - "hi txt me l8ers lol". Quite sweet really.

 
At 1:53 PM, Anonymous Nothing But Bonfires said...

WHERE do you guys WORK? I need to be sent to Barbados too! The most exciting place I get to go is 30 minutes down the road....usually to an ANTIQUE SHOP or something terribly exciting like that. Apparently, there are many breaking stories in antique shops!

 
At 3:46 PM, Anonymous south american girl said...

By the way, where art thou, Swedish Girl? Lost like that old red mobile of yours?

 
At 10:55 AM, Blogger Swedish Girl said...

Sorry, nothing major, South American Girl... I have gone mad, that's all - see the post above...

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home