Swedish Girl In London

London Life: Bright Lights, Big City. Now what's on TV?

Monday, December 12, 2005

Wedding Bells

You know how people in US sitcoms always seem to Phone-A-Friend when they are on a disastrous date? How those Sex & The City girls slide down in their seats when the date has gone to the loo, desperately wheezing down into their mobiles: “He is a sex addict…” or “He is a gardener”… or something to that extent?

Ha! I now live in sitcom land, so could you all please laugh tinnily at my punchlines?

And this is why: On Saturday, La Señorita phoned me from a date in hysterics. First I thought that she was in tears, but then I realized that she was laughing.

“What’s going on?” I asked suspiciously (surely people can’t have fun without me?).
“I’m on the date,” she hiccupped.
“So how is it going?”
“Great. He’s really nice. I just asked him if he wanted to…” The rest was drowned in giggles.
“If he wanted to do what, sweetie?”
“If he wanted… if he wanted… if he wanted to get married!”
WHAT? Oh my GOD!” is what I wanted to say at this point, although I think it came out more as a splutter.
You can’t say La Señorita doesn’t know how to leave you with a cliffhanger. “I’ll tell you all about it later,” she hissed and then the line was broken.

I’ll take a sheet out of her book and report back later.

Dam da da dam…

1 Comments:

At 10:18 PM, Blogger Zen Wizard said...

In a fair world, you should probably be giving HER DATES your phone number, and calling them sometime after the appetizer is served, with a "potential emergency that they have to pay the check and leave right away for."

La Senorita--who is determined to become "La Senora" before New Year's apparently--should probably cool her "commitment jets" just a little bit, too.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home