Swedish Girl In London

London Life: Bright Lights, Big City. Now what's on TV?

Monday, February 20, 2006

I Love It When They Talk Science

Tell me what you listen to, and I’ll tell you who you are.

Someone’s taste in music is a good clue to their personality, according to scientist from University of Texas. Now, this is a bit disconcerting. I have spent my twenties trying to move on from the Mixed Tape fascism of my teens and instead embrace the idea that what’s in your CD stand is not as important as what’s in your heart.

A sample of the scientific findings:

People who like Dolly Parton are outgoing yee-haw types;

while metal-heads are shy, retiring people.

Well, I could have told you that! Those monosyllabic metallers back in high-school were never the most extrovert of people, in any case.

Still, I’m not all convinced that these Texan scientists have got it right. After all, when I went into popstat.com to figure out my music taste, it told me that I liked Dido.

Well, I nevah!

Does this mean I should hail my White Flag and assume a new persona of compilation CDs, sunbeds and Me-Time in the bath (my probably very unfair stereotype of a Dido fan)?

No, no, surely not! I, much like the posh popstrel herself, will go down with this ship, emitting sad little bubbles all the way to the bottom.

6 Comments:

At 7:08 PM, Blogger Rocío said...

Congrats por tu super-blog! IT's GREAT! I love it! you'll find in me your number one FAN!!

 
At 5:56 AM, Blogger ChickyBabe said...

I love it how research dollars are so scarse yet they manage to spend it on such revealing scientific findings!

 
At 11:04 AM, Blogger hen said...

I have to confess that I have enjoyed listening to Dolly Parton, Heavy Metal and Dido. I guess that makes me a shy hew-hawing candle burning bather. Which I am not - no wait - yes I am - OMG it works!!!

I tried to load up all the music I listened to into last.fm to get recommendations because apparently it is great and always works but I hated every single one. I guess that means I am a freak and not like other people.

 
At 12:52 PM, Blogger Swedish Girl said...

Hey thanks, Rocio! Tu blog mona un monton tambien! Has leido lo de la visita a Madrid, by the way? Jejeje.
Chickybabe - yeah, can't you just imagine the research? "Hm, these country people seem to be a cheerful lot... but those metallers look so broody... let's write a paper on that".
Hen - well, nothing better than a man who ye-haw when necessary and be quiet when necessary, AND is clean.

 
At 9:15 PM, Blogger Zen Wizard said...

I like Dido, and Me-Time in the bath, with Calgon taking me away; some vanilla scented candles; a good Fabio-covered Romance novel in hand and a glass of Chardonnay.

In fact, when I tire of Dido, I like the dulcet, soothing tones of Fabio himself.

There, I said it--and I'm GLAD I said it!!

 
At 4:23 PM, Blogger Mel said...

I'm a huge Dido fan...but as you know, I have quit the sunbeds, so progress IS being made. I will not however give up my me-time in the bath.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home